Sunday, March 6, 2022

The Lords' Day on the Hill... March 6

Quiet Time Verse for today:

“Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, 
with weeping, and with mourning;”
‭‭Joel‬ ‭2:12‬

*****
My chicken cam in the coop... 
all the hens, including the new girls are roosting together... 
Bucky is right in the middle of them :-)
Last night while we were watching our movie I saw chickens on the patio out of the corner of my eye :-) the gate wasn't latched and the wind blew it open so they took advantage of that! I herded them out and Lanny stood at one end of the yard and I went around the other and we managed to herd them all into the coop. 
No drama, no running, easy peasy... we shall see if that continues...


Dad was not up... he got up around 4:30...


So I got all his stuff together and then started my study time 
with only one interruption in the middle :-)


Pack Bible Study Time :-)


Yes, Max CAN read :-)


Maggie in her usual position...
way too comfortable!!


Max got pretty comfortable as well...



At 6 Mitzi was actually on the futon and not IN the bed...


Made the bed, fed the fur kids and started on a cake for our Sunday Dinner...



Headed out at day break...
sun wasn't really up yet...
wait til you see the sunrise!!


The old flock running out...
the new girls hanging back a bit...


The four new ladies... I am thinking of names...
Probably later today. I like to observe their personalities before I name them :-)


The last one, the Aracauna laid her egg this morning or during the night...
LOVELY!!




YAY!! Two duck eggs today.
Finally my second girl is starting to lay again!!!



My egg "basket" is starting to get a little color!!!


OK, so "Here Comes the Sun..."



Gorgeous!!


Bucky was a little excited about the sunrise as well, 
but this little lady was NOT in the mood...
she hadn't even had her coffee yet :-)


Robbie was out watching it come up as well...


My cake didn't stick...
Hey, that is an accomplishment in this particular pan!


Drizzled Caramel and Chocolate over it.
I don't care for Icing!


Made Daddy a Bacon, Egg and Cheese Omelet and Toast.
He loves his toast and jelly...
Lanny had already headed to church...



Cole Slaw... Mom cannot chew chopped slaw very well 
so I shred it really small in the Food Processor. It makes fabulous slaw!!




I make my own dressing and VOILA!
I don't care for slaw when we go out to eat...
but I do like my own :-)
If you want the recipe I just put it up on my Mimi's House Blog,,,


Went out just to check the boxes...
I can hardly breathe!!
I am SO excited!!

This is the new brown girl's egg...


My Coconut and one of the Pearl Whites...



So, with two duck and 4 chicken I have 6 eggs today...
and the other Pearl White is still in the nest box...
I may have 7 today!!!


I took out the fermented fruit from my water kefir and some cornbread...
Even the new girls recognize treat time when they see it :-)
Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE my chickens :-)



My old Maran was singing an egg song...
the song she used to sing, LONG ago, when she laid an egg...


There was the other Pearl White in the nest box and Coppertina, the Maran, was singing about it I guess. She also had been sitting on it...


My Christmas Camelia (a little late) is ready to bloom!



And looky, looky! The old girl laid one.
First one in MANY months. It is a bit ragged but it is her egg!!
She was very proud.
So, I have 8 eggs today!!


For our Sunday Dinner we had Sloppy Joes, Slaw, Chips and Cake for Dessert.



Lanny and I actually took a Sunday Siesta today....
felt so good!


Then we went out and sat in the chicken lot with Bucky and the ladies!


Mom and Dad were in the Barn Bay Doors 
enjoying the day without the wind...


Gave Dandy some carrots... 
he was a little standoffish with Lanny there but he won't pass up a carrot.



OR a Smartie Candy!!



Takoda gets some too...
well, not Smarties, but carrots.
Smarties do not agree with him :-)


Made Mom and Dad some Chicken Noodle Soup for their "supper"...


Kyra came by to see us...
she lives and works in Nashville 
so we don't get to see her as often as we'd like to :-)



Dad's blisters are mostly crusted over, except for the one on his cheek.
But he isn't having any itching or pain.
God is SO good!


Well, I went out at 6:15 and rounded up those chickens and ducks and put them to bed, no worries at all... How about that!!!

I will watch a Star Trek episode and Lanny will be home at 7:30...
no movie tonight.

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... June 25

Quiet Time...  🐑♥️ “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens an...