Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Wednesday in the Wood... March 16

Quiet Time Verse of the Day...

“I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, 
my God, in whom I trust.””
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭91:2‬ 

******
Dad was up and waiting :-)


All his stuff...
His "First Breakfast" today is Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit...


And then he went right back to bed...
He is spending more time in bed lately.
At least in the daytime... he stays up all night!
I think he is just so bored. He cannot feel his hands and feet. 
He used to color or do crossword puzzles but now can hardly hold a pencil.
He cannot hear, so watching TV is not really an option.
He watches sports because he doesn't really have to hear that...

*****
We settled in for a Quiet Time...


Bucky is not confined to time...
4:12 he was rarin' to go!


Work day for me begins at 6...
Not so for the fur kids...
lazy bunch :-)



Moved Max....


Made our bed and Mom's...
I also make Dad's bed every day...
a dozen times because he always gets back in... :-)

Meds Day... For 92 years old Mom and Dad don't take a lot of meds.
I think I read that the average for Tennessee prescription drug use 
is 17 prescriptions per person.
I take none, Lanny takes one, Mom and Dad take a half dozen together... 
SOMEONE in East Tennessee is taking a LOT of medicine!!!


Decanted both water and milk kefir...
Then...

Out at daybreak!
In the rain!



Only one duck egg this morning...
I will keep an eye out.
She often lays one in the yard! :-)



Made Dad and Lanny French Toast and Sausage for Second Breakfast...
Mom and Paula are headed for Mom's third radiation treatment...
3 down, 12 to go....


Making Kombucha again.
Haven't done it for a couple years.
This is the first ferment.
See the "Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast" on top?
aka "SCOBY"...
Did I sound really smart there :-)


Making the tea for another batch.
I will decant the first ferment into another couple containers and add some berries or juice and let it ferment some more... I'll keep you posted. When I made it before I was the only one drinking it so it became too tedious just for me... 
but Lanny liked the taste of this first ferments so we shall see...


Rain has stopped... I know how much we need rain but I wish we could order it at night so we could work during the day :-)

Popcorn and Sugar's donation for the day...



Two more: Willow and Goldie...


Grilled Cheese for lunch...


We took a short Siesta after lunch and then headed out to soak up some clouds :-)
Actually, the sun did peep in and out...

Sugar was eyeing a small gap in the wall...
trying to decide if she should risk a jump.
The first day we brought them home she and Popcorn jumped up there 
and went right over and into the big barn :-) I put a panel there but there is still a gap about three feet up...
will she try it?


Nope! She followed me back to the coop...
For some reason they always think I will have a treat (HA, I usually do!)


Lanny ran down the hill before lunch to pick up his trailer.
Pnut did some weld work on it to widen it so he could drive the TORO up on it when we needed to take it in for service. Works perfectly!!



Putting his tools away... he has to work tonight at church. He will leave around 5...


We had Wieners and Kraut, Stewed Potatoes and Yams for Supper...
Pudding for Dessert :-)


Dad wanted a picture of his plate...
He said it was too pretty to eat :-)


I cleaned up the kitchen and Lanny cleaned up the yard.
He is in the shower and will leave for church in a little bit.

I ran out to give one more look over for eggs and what do you know?!
Coconut laid hers.
So that was 6 eggs today!!


I will watch Star Trek, as usual and put the chicks and ducks in at sundown.
They pretty much go in themselves at dusk...

Mom is not having any problems with the radiation.
She said it's over in no time. They said 7-8 minutes and that goes by pretty quick.
Plus, they are all so very nice at Thompson Survival.
I had my radiation there with my first breast cancer in 2005 and I still remember how kind and sweet they all were. They make an otherwise trying situation into a joy!

No movie tonight.

God bless you ALL!!
Goodnight and Sweet Dreams










No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...