Monday, May 2, 2022

Monday on the Farm... May 2

Quiet Time...

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭18:2‬ ‭

*****

Dad was up.
I made him a Breakfast Burrito to go with his coffee and morning medicines...


Maggie and Murphy were touching... under the same blanket!
Murphy loves it but if Maggie realizes it she will be mad :-)


Max went straight to Daddy's room when I let him in.
He likes being back there with Daddy...
He LOVES to sleep in Daddy's bed, even more than our bed!


Murphy was using my leg as a pillow ... so sweet!


Dad went back to bed and I guess Max was crowded out 
so he came in to sit with his "Daddy"...



When I get up off the couch to make beds 
they usually spread out and take my spot...


Out at daybreak... earlier every morning.
Today I was out around 6:30... not quite sunup but plenty of light...





My duck hens are keeping me in duck eggs...
Our favorite for frying!


AND, I found Goldie's brown egg in the driveway. It was there overnight. She must have dropped it running into the coop at dusk... 
they seldom lay this late but something could have come up...
Anyway, it's safe...


You can't really see it, but the fish are doing what fish do in the spring.
They are chasing and bumping and muddying up the water...
There will be little fry babies in no time!



Fed the men some French Toast Sticks and Sausage for their second breakfast...


And then Lanny and I ran down to Willow Ridge to pick up a Blue Indigo plant. 
Erin's Meadow didn't have any and I really wanted one. I had one at our other house that a coworker, Linda (some of you know who I am talking about) gave me years ago. I miss it... so now I have two. I'll show you when I get them planted. 
We passed the Camels and my Bull Buddies on the way down...


The mail is running late...
we always check it if we are out...
but we DO love riding down in the MULE when we don't get it earlier the day...


For lunch I made us some Ham Sandwiches and Lanny and I rested for a bit before he headed down to mow and weed the driveway 
and I headed out back to pot some of the plants and get the herbs in the ground...

Egyptian Walking Onion in the front right, then Sage, Thyme, Chives, several varieties of Oregano and Rosemary. Lettuce, Kale and Spinach on the left... 
with an interesting purple veined Basil at the end...


We bought Summer and Winter Savory, Feverfew, Germander, Borage, Lemon Verbena, and Siberian Motherwort


Mom came out to watch me play in the yard... 
the fresh air will do her good!


Bucky and Willow dusting IN the duck house 
and Coppertina wants a turn...



Goldie and one of the Pearl Whites...


Dad out in his favorite spot getting some fresh air of his own...


Found a Maran egg in the nest today... 
these are rare from my old gals!


Made Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, 
Green Beans and Salad for Supper...


Mom is still in TIME OUT :-)



Lanny is in the shower, I am finishing up this post...
the puppy piles are picked up, the kitchen is clean, 
the chickens are playing in the yard until dusk...

We still have three JW movies in our library... Rooster Cogburn and the Lady, 
True Grit and Sons of Katie Elder... I'll let you know tomorrow...

Continue to lift Mom up... I cancelled two appointments she had this week because there is just no way she can ride down and sit in a waiting room... we are rescheduling... she did come outside today and walked a little more 
than she has been.

God bless you Family and Friends!!!
Goodnight and Sweet Dreams!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...