Thursday, May 12, 2022

Thursday on the Farm... May 12

Quiet Time...

“Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away, 
and every branch that does bear fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:2‬ 

*****
Daddy was up and rarin' to go...
I fixed his meds, his coffee and a couple Biscuit Roll-Ups...


Then I hit the couch for a about 90 minutes of Quiet Bible Study 
and Devotional Reading...
I LOVE this time of the day...


Lanny joined us around 4:30...


At 6:00 I was rarin' to go, so I got Max out of the bed and gave him to his Daddy...
He was deep asleep so had a BIG yawn for me...


But he settled in nicely...


The problem for the next two months will be that it is getting daylight earlier and earlier... this morning it was about 6:15 when I went out so my mornings are really getting shorter... I used to do a lot of chores BEFORE I went out to the chickens but now its all out of whack!! I will adjust but for the last week or two
I feel like I am behind ALL day!!! :-)




Burning some trash...


Two duck eggs...


Went straight to the plate... 
Fed Dad and Lanny Fried Eggs, Sausage Links and Toast...




After breakfast they went down to Home Depot for some parts Lanny needed for his blower and for some potting soil for me... 
Daddy sits in the car and doesn't go in the store, but loves to go for the ride...

I went out to play in the garden some more... 
the garden will be shaded in the mornings from a big tree 
and that is the best time to work out here. 
Once the sun is on it it's HOT!!!
The ducks are entertaining me...


Willow doing her job...




When the men got back Dad got on his scooter and went right back out... 
he gets so bored inside and ends up in the bed. 
At least if he is bored out here he can watch the birds...


The ducks are still at it... I walked thru the kitchen gate and they literally RAN to the pond... somehow they know I love to see them swim!



Made some Tuna Sandwiches for lunch...


Lanny and I rested for about 30 minutes ...
too much going on this time of year to waste too much time snoozin' :-)

*****

Willow, Popcorn and Sugar did their duty as well...


So here is the garden so far...
There is a LOT of space but I am taking it easy this year. 
This is about all I want to commit to right now. Plus, this is where the pool was...
the base underneath is sand and Lanny added about a foot of nice mulch. 
This particular corner is lowest and collects water 
so I have put peppers in bottomless buckets... they will get the moisture from the bottom but won't be sitting in it all day... it should work well...


The tomatoes are caged and ready to go.
I dug down into the mulch to the sand and mixed it with soil several inches deeper.
 A foot deep sandy loam should be perfect for them...


These are cucumbers. I did the same thing. 
I have some new HortoNova Trellis Netting that we will put behind them with Posts deep in the ground for support.


This is a zucchini and a yellow squash.
I decided to also plant them in a bottomless bucket.
This spot wasn't quite deep enough.
Every year it should get better as we add soil, mulch, compost, etc.
And then eventually it should be a pretty rich garden spot 
for in ground planting for everything...


This is sweet potatoes.
We have become real lovers of baked sweet potatoes!!!
And they are SO good for our little bodies!


This is Egyptian walking onion. It is the most interesting plant.
It is a perennial onion and survives the winter... I had it in the small herb garden area last year but here it has LOTS of room to "walk"...
I divided and planted a bunch of the babies so it should spread out nicely!


Blackberry bushes outside the perimeter of our electric fence...


Heard the mower and went down to see who it was... Paula and Lanny BOTH enjoy mowing with that Toro! 


The horses don't mind the mower at all...


I jumped in the MULE to go down to get mail and I knew he was down there weed eating and blowing.. it was perfect timing because that blower is VERY heavy and he was coming UP the hill :-)



He was glad to get a ride UP the hill :-)


These dogs LOVE to lay in the sun... 
you know their black coats must absorb a LOT of heat...


I put the barley straw back in the pond and the big koi is sucking on it...
they have been so busy making babies over the last few days...
I guess he is taking a little break :-)


Maggie is stressed out again :-)


For Supper we had Meat Loaf, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, 
Mixed Veggies and Garlic Bread Sticks...
For dessert we had Brownies and Ice Cream...
Celebrating Paula's Birthday :-)




Paula opened our cards...


Mine was little funny :-)


Paula did not take the day off... 
she is the hardest working senior citizen I've ever known... 
along with Lanny of course! :-)


Lanny took Daddy down to the pond to fish a little while.


And he caught a fish!


Lanny said he baited his own hook... quite a feat with his neuropathy!


It's beautiful at the pond, especially this time of day...


*****

Lanny picked up the puppy piles before he left and I have put the chicken feed away. 
I am cleaned up and in my jammies watching a Star Trek 
(my norm when Lanny is away).

Tonight we will watch West Side Story if they get back in time...

Mom is not feeling well today... she is having some stomach issues. 
Her back is also still pretty bad. Please keep her in your prayers. 
It seems that when she takes a few steps forward 
something pushes her a step back... 
but I think we are still a few steps ahead, even so...

Goodnight Sweet Family and Friends!
Love and God's blessings to you all...
Sweet Dreams!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...