Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Wednesday in the Walden Woods... May 11

 Quiet Time...

““Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy 

and where thieves break in and steal,”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:19‬ ‭

*****

Dad didn't get up until about 4:30 
so I was able to get his stuff all together before I sat down...
I can at least get started on my reading...


...Except for his Breakfast Burrito...
I fixed that when he got up :-)


Then sat back down with my pack...



I made the bed and fed the fur kids
then headed out to the feathered kids...


I LOVE clouds!!!
They always remind me of God!



One of the duck eggs were broken :-(
I think they get excited to be let out and stomp on them...


But nothing is wasted... they ALL love raw eggs!



The Eastern Sky clouds...
I was on my way out to the barn...




Carrot time...




Another Eastern Sky shot... Jesus will come from this direction... 
I never fail to think on that when I look at the sunrise...


After Second Breakfast (French Toast Sticks and Sausage), 
Lanny and I headed down the hill to the CoOp...


Oh I LOVE plants!


We are in "heaven" here among the veggies and herbs...


And I picked up a few!



The railroad bridge at the entrance to Johnson Gap...
last stretch til home...


Saw my Bull Buddies...


And Camel Buddies...


Unloaded the plants and went right to work...
Planting tomatoes...





Three Cherry type tomatoes and three large slicers...
I will put the cages on them in a bit and secure the cage to the cattle fencing...
It gets incredibly windy up here and the supports MUST be very sturdy!!



A Coconut egg...


I warmed up some left over Mexican Chicken and Rice 
from Sunday's dinner for our lunch today...


And then Lanny and I sat down for a quick 20-30 minute rest...
too many fun projects going on...


Popcorn, Sugar and Goldie did their duty...


I ran over to Paula's to see her and her puppies...
These are her two OLD ladies... Taffy and Cricket.


I took a picture of Katie and Cody but it didn't come out for some reason...
I'll have to go take one tomorrow...

This is Corky, Maggies brother... 
they look alike except that he is twice her size!


Coppertine and Raven playing dead at the kitchen gate...
Seriously, I have to step over them!
They are laying on that hot rubber mat in this hot sun!



The garden view from the deck... it used to be the pool deck but we are going to keep it there for now... may end up putting another coop up there or rabbit hutches, 
who knows. For now it is a good observation deck.


When I do things OUTSIDE I always get behind INSIDE...
I needed to decant the water kefir, make some tea both for the Kombucha 
and for our dinner tea, 
empty the dishwasher... I may have to start getting up earlier :-)

*****

For supper we had Panko Breaded Chicken Breasts, Tater Tots and Salad...




Lanny picked up the puppy piles, I cleaned up the kitchen 
and ran out to put the chicken feed under lock and key :-)

I am cleaned up and in my Jammies and Lanny is just getting out of the shower.
Last night we watched "Shakespeare in Love" and tonight 
we will watch "Romeo and Juliet", then tomorrow night "Westside Story"... 
we like theme viewing :-)

Mom is feeling much better so thank you for your prayers 
and continue to lift all of us up... God is listening and He is working!!

Goodnight Sweet Family and Friends...
God bless you each and every one!!
Sweet Dreams...












No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...