Thursday, May 19, 2022

Thursday on the Farm... May 19

Quiet Time...

““Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, 
for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭4:11‬

*****

Daddy was NOT up... I kinda thought he might sleep in.
He didn't take his usual dozen naps yesterday. He was out in the big barn supervising Lanny and Paula nearly all day :-) He still was in and out of the bed all night 
but slept in this morning until around 6... so did Lanny. 

So I was truly all alone and it was VERY quiet :-)
I opened the door and listened to the frogs and early morning birds...



I ran Lanny out of the bed at 6 :-) and made it up...
fed the fur kids and headed out!


Then HE was all alone :-)


Day Break...




Two duck eggs...



AND, Goldie must have laid it in her sleep!
It was on the floor under the roost.
The floor is very thick and soft with Pine Shavings so it didn't break...


Morning moon over the horse barn!


Looking to the East...


Carrot time!




Paula's house front looking up the drive way to the "front" of our house...
we will put a carport there some day and that will be the entrance to our house...


Sunrise...



I am making fresh tea for the Kombucha ... 
we've really been drinking it this time!


AND...
making Laundry Detergent...
Paula and I go thru it!
But I made it last in February so it lasts us about three months...
Not bad!!



AND, the Barber Shop was open...
I cut Lanny's hair...


I wish my hair was that color!


Fed Lanny and Dad an Omelet and Toast for breakfast...



Bread Day... I think I LIVE in the kitchen :-)
But I love it!



First Rise...


Lanny set up Dad's grinder so he could sharpen the Toro blades...
when he retired in Alabama he had a little side business sharpening saws, lawnmower blades, knives, etc. He loves doing it...


Lanny was putting on the new blades...




Laundry Soap is done...




Paula and I moved Molly's big tent boxes out of the Bay Doors...


Stacked them back out of the way...


We cleaned up the Common Area a little...
we have lots of plans/ideas for the big space 
but just not the money or the time to do it right now...
but someday :-)

Paula is watering her plants... 
it keeps threatening rain but just doesn't follow thru!



Dad and Lanny taking a break!


Some of the pictures blew off and crooked on the walls in the common area...
Paula was straightening up...


Second rise and nearly ready to bake...



Coconut is sitting on two eggs...
perhaps she is thinking about laying her own :-)


I ended up cutting Dad's hair as well... I just didn't have my camera with me...
Here you can see a shot of it :-)

For lunch I made some open faced chili dogs with the left overs from last night!
See Dad's hair cut... NICE!!



Then Lanny and I (along with Maggie, Murphy and Mitzi) took a little snooze...


Mitzi, of course, in the floor with her bone...


Then out to check on my feathered kids!!!


Well, a Willow and another Pearl White...


And Coconut!


Maggie and Murphy sunning... whew! it's too hot to do that!



I love my different colored eggs!


I took Daddy down the driveway with me in the MULE to get the mail...


And we checked out the cherry tree...
it is covered with cherries that I am sure the birds will love!



And there are also pears!


Found my little buddy... he is still hanging around the koi pond 
burrowing next to a pot or under a chair in the rocks... 
He is so unique to me... I don't think I ever saw one this color...


For Dinner I made Butterfly Fried Shrimp, Buttered Noodles 
and Green Beans and Carrots with Crescent Rolls and Pudding for Dessert...



Lanny picked up the pup piles, I put the chicken feed away, 
the kitchen is clean and so are we...
ready for our movie. It's been a pretty busy day!!

Not sure what we will watch tonight... Lanny is in charge of that.
I'll let you know tomorrow...

Goodnight Sweet Friends and Family...
God bless and Sleep Tight...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...