Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Tuesday on the Farm... May 10

Quiet Time...

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: 
And they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. 
Proverbs 18:21
*****
Dad wasn't up yet so I didn't have to rush around...

I got all his goodies together (except for the Biscuit) and then....


...settled down for Quiet Time with my pack...
Mitzi got her neck massage before she went to our bed...


Dad got up around 5:15 so I got him situated...
I told him NOT to give Casey any of his biscuit or donuts 
or WHATEVER people food he is eating!! 
I take him a small handful of kibble so he gets to "treat" him 
without adding to his waistline... I had him slimmed down to near his correct weight,
but Mom and Dad continue to give him stuff even when I have cautioned them against it... I really cannot stop them from doing it to Casey...he is their dog. 
But I definitely watch closely to make sure they don't do it to our three... 
it is very hard....



At 6 I carried Max to his Daddy...


...and ran Mitzi out so I could make the bed...




I fed the fur kids and it was time to head out to the chickens and ducks...
 it is getting light earlier and earlier... It was around 6:20 this morning 
(I forgot to get a pic of the clock :-))



Aren't these just the cutest things? 
There were a LOT of them coming out this morning. 
Tiny tree frogs!




Two duck eggs...


Strained and jarred the lard this morning... five and a half pints...


The chickens heard/saw me in the kitchen and are waiting at the gate...
Pigs with feathers!


I make Mom and I a Kefir "Smoothie" every morning. 
Mine is plain with just some Chia Seed in it and I put some Maple Syrup in Mom's... she needs some sweet... in EVERYTHING!! :-)



Made Eggs, Sausage and Toast for my men...



A Pearl White egg...


The babies playing in the grass clippings...
I have one of the babies (Amber) eating out of my hand...
progress!



Max is a guard cat... he loves to sleep in Dad's room and is often either 
in the bed with him or on the cedar chest blanket when Dad is napping... 
which these days is often... as you know, he is up all night 
and sleeps most of the day... between meals...


Paula and Shelly working on a load of sawdust... 
it is for the breezeway and stalls...



A Goldie egg...


Papaw picked up Sadie at 3 at the bus stop...


We had Hot Dogs... it's turning out to be
HOT DOG TUESDAY...
we all like hot dogs!!



Willow laid her green egg late this afternoon... I didn't have my phone with me and didn't take a picture. That made 5 eggs today... not sure why it's going down... maybe the heat...

Lanny picked up the back yard, I put the chicken feed away.
There were a gazillion tadpoles of ALL sizes stuck in the filter media in the duck pond, so I turned everything off and tried to release them... 
certainly not all, but most I got out. But then we backwashed the filter 
and a whole bunch of tads in all stages of development came out the hose! 
I cannot save them all. It's part of the circle of life I guess... if you go into places where you don't belong you just might have to suffer the consequences! :-)

Little lovely, doing her "thang"!


*****
So, Sadie is on her way home, I am in my jammies and Lanny is in the shower.
Not sure where we will go tonight, movie wise. 
We are finished with the John Wayne movies.
Lanny is the movie coordinator so I will let you know tomorrow what he decides.

Mom has really been up and around today. Still having some pain issues but a lot more mobile. I am hoping it won't catch up with her tomorrow. 
She is definitely feeling better tho!!

Goodnight Family and Friends!
Love to you ALL!!

God bless and Sweet Dreams!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...