Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Tuesday on the Farm... June 21

Quiet Time...

“Keep your heart with all vigilance, 
for from it flow the springs of life.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭4:23‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
Dad slept until about 4:20...
so I got all his stuff ready (except for the Burrito)...


And settled down with three of the fur kids...
Maggie and Mitzi were actually touching each other, but neither of them knew it... Maggie was under the red blanket...


Murph was under the tan doggy blanket by my feet...


Mitzi was DEEP asleep :-)


At 5:45 I headed in to remove the little growth on our comforter :-)
moved him into the living room and made the bed...


These three were still snoozing!


Woke them all up :-) and fed them their breakfast,
then headed out to give the feathered kids theirs...




Still three little eggs in the blue bird house...
we have seen the parents going in and out... I'll keep an eye on it...


Look at this big boy Koi!!!




It may be hard to tell, but they love it when I spray the water...


Maybe it's like a massage :-)


At 7 I headed for Oak Ridge to pick up my girl...


She can't stay all day but wanted to come up this morning...


 I fed them Waffles for Breakfast...



I weeded the gardens and watered everything really deep... 
it's supposed to be near 100 today! I cut some herbs... Oregano...


...and Blue Magic Basil...
hung them to dry...


Lanny and Dad went down to Home Depot, and on the way home 
they stopped at the roadside fruit stand and brought back two Cantaloupes! 
They were perfect, ripe and sweet... the chickens love the seeds and the rinds...


The Herb Garden, minus the weeds :-)


Gabby laid her egg early this morning under the play steps in the driveway... 
I didn't have my camera... these belong to Coconut, Willow 
and one of the Pearl Whites...



And a little later the other Pearl White...


For lunch I made Tuna on Hawaiian Rolls, Chips and Salsa...
Mom ate both breakfast and lunch at the table today...
She is feeling much better in her back... 
she and Dad both sleep a LOT during the day 
but at 92 I guess they are due :-)

Lanny and I sat down for our after lunch nap as usual... 
it is really a good time because both Mom and Dad usually lay down as well... 
I keep the camera monitor by me to watch them out of the corner of my eye :-) 
but they are generally pretty safe IN the bed :-)

Lanny went back down to mow a bit more after our nap... 
it seems too hot to me for that but he says it isn't bad under the MULE top 
and he gets under the shade of the trees often...

In spite of the heat things are doing pretty well... not lush like they usually are. 
I have pictures from the same day last year and everything was bigger and greener... it's just been TOOOO HOT!

But there is still some beauty...







The tomatoes and cucumbers are about 1/4 the size 
they were this same day last year... 
it could be partly because I put them out a bit later 
but I think it is mostly this heat wave...




We had Hot Dogs, Chips, left over Wild Rice and a Jello Dessert...
Sadie wasn't here, and that's usually why I do it, 
but we love 'em as well, so there you go!!



So, the kitchen is clean, thanks to Paula's help...
The pup piles are picked up...
The chicken feed is stored safely away...
Lanny is in the shower and I am finishing up this post, 
ready to settle down for the evening...

Last night we watched "The End of the Spear" 
about the 5 missionaries that were killed by the Auca Indians in 1956... 
Jim Elliot, Nate Saint, Pete Fleming, Ed McCully, and Roger Youderian... 
it is a really good movie...

Not sure what we will watch tonight...
Lanny picks and I watch...
I'll let you know.

Goodnight Precious Family and Friends...
God bless you ALL and Sweet Dreams!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...