Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday on the Mountain... August 29

Quiet Time...

"Neither height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:39

*****

I am feeling so much better this morning... Praise the Lord!
Thank you all SO much for your prayers and thoughts for me!!

Dad was up and waiting... I laid a bit longer in the bed than I usually do. 
I got up at 4:01 :-)

Once he was all settled I sat down with my pups and some early morning Bible Reading and Devotional time... I had not done my Devotional Blog in a couple of days and discovered several emails in my in box wondering where it was... so sweet. 
I guess I didn't think anyone was paying attention. 
Well, both blogs will be back on line now!

This morning there were no sounds other than a lone young bull frog in our duck pond playing his one note banjo... almost in a slow rhythm... strum, several seconds quiet, strum.... it was sweet. I love frogs and I am so glad we may have a bull frog resident out there!!!

At daybreak I headed out to care for the chicks and ducks.
They are usually pacing at the door if it's light enough...

Yesterday Lanny went out to let them out for me and they threw a fit. They wouldn't come down off the roost and were squawking and carrying on!!! 
They know who he is but it wasn't the "routine"... 
It is amazing how the smallest thing out of place can throw everything else off kilter! 
I had to go out there to reassure them that all was well :-)


Too cute... Opal and Willow laid their two blue/green eggs together...


Opal's is the tiny one, but they are very close in shade...


Made them men some Fried Eggs, Sausage and a Biscuit to go with the Apple Butter... we are getting some apples soon and plan to can Apple Butter, Applesauce and some for pies, etc... YUM!!


Then!!! Lanny and I escaped down the hill to go to the CoOp!


Not a good picture but the sign says 
"Great selection of canning supplies"
then I forgot to even look!
I am sure I could have used some more canning supplies :-)


But we went for chicken feed...
and a Safflower Roll for the wild birds...


50 Pound Bags of Feed and Scratch Grains,
not a problem for my strong muscle man!


Made some Brown Rice and Quinoa Salad, 
Ham Sandwiches and Chips for lunch...


And then Siesta Time...
Everyone says I need to rest.
I get LOTS of rest. We get to relax/nap for at least an hour after lunch nearly every day, and then we rest after dinner watching a movie, 
and we go to bed early every night. 
So far most nights are incident free... I get a full nights sleep and wake up rested in the morning... I don't use an alarm so getting up at 3:45 is not forced. 
My old body WANTS to get up...don't ask me why! 
I sometimes wish I COULD sleep later :-)

Anyway, I am NOT over worked or over tired!!!
Look at this laziness!!!


This is also TOO cute...
Coconut and Goldie laid their matching tan eggs together...


Gabby was taking a swim!


My Fella mowing the back yard...
photo taken thru the lattice :-)


Grandma's Lily...
The bulbs for this lily have been passed down thru several generations...
probably well over a hundred years.
It is such a beautiful lily...


Lanny put up my new sign...



I turned the pine flakes and limed the coop floor... 
I do deep litter and it just makes compost under the layers.
No smell, not much work...
Love it!
And when we do change it out the composted under layers can go right in the garden and we start it all over...


Dinner time for the fur kids!
Casey, Mitzi, Murphy and Maggie...


I know, you may be asking why am I feeding the cat on the end table? ...
The dogs deeply desire his food!! 
Don't worry... He is a very tidy eater and it's just no big deal!!


And when he walks away Maggie deeply desires to at least lick the plate!!!


Look at this! This is about the third egg like this that Sugar has laid...
I need to research and see what causes this...
SO interesting!


I am thinking "Ouch"...


For Supper I warmed up selected Chicken Pieces of choice :-)
We had enough Mashed Potatoes and Gravy to have again.
I added some Cauliflower and Broccoli Tots that I picked up at Food City this morning... NOT a winner. Not that they were bad, they just weren't memorable...
Just something new to try. But not again :-)


Mom is still having some soreness and back pain and just prefers to stay in her room and not moan and groan at the table... 
I told her we wouldn't care, but if you know Mom :-)


I love after dinner.
To me, it is the end of my work day (mostly).
I can get in my jammies and sit on the couch with my Pack 
and enjoy a movie and snack... Heaven! 
I still make sure Mom and Dad have an evening snack to eat while they watch their favorite evening TV fare... And I will take their meds in to them around 7:30. 
Mom cannot prep her bed for sleeping so I get it all fixed for her and close her blinds and make sure she has water and a Hershey miniature or two :-)

Dad gets his fresh iced water, some hot cocoa to help his restless legs and a serving of Whoppers Malt Balls... his favorite! 
I used to give him the box but he was going thru them like water. 
Now I count out 13 malt balls and put them in a very decorative container :-) 
Saves a LOT of money.... and probably some inches on his waistline!

So tonight we are going to deviate from our XMen theme and watch the 
last Jurassic World Dominion.... I know, we are a bit strange :-)

Thank you again for your prayers for me.
Continue to lift Mom up. Her back is still giving her a lot of pain and she gets pretty discouraged...I am hoping this will help her to remember NOT to walk 
without her walker!!! NO MORE FALLING!!!

Goodnight Precious Family and Friends.
We love you all SO VERY MUCH!!!

God bless and Sweet, Sweet Dreams!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... September 30

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty o...