Thursday, December 1, 2022

Thursday on the Farm... December 1

Quiet Time...

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! 
According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬ ‭ESV‬‬
*****
Well, Mom slept all night and Dad wasn't up...


So I got all his stuff together except for the Biscuit Rollups...


And sat down with my pack...
Dad got up around 5:30 and Mom buzzed me about that time as well...
Long story but we had quite a morning...
Keep her in your prayers.
She is still so confused and doesn't realize what she is doing at times...


Took care of the Microgreens...
the radish is ready to harvest...


So is the broccoli and salad blend...



This is our calendar page for December...


Made the bed and fed the kids...
now for the Flock and Fluffle...
Brrrrrrrr!


Bunnies don't seem to mind cold temperatures...




Chickens and Ducks don't mind it either...
but I AM COLD!!! :-)


Made Dad and Lanny some Biscuits and Gravy, 
a Bacon and Egg Omelet and some Toast for jelly...


Took some scraps out to the flock...



As I said, the ducks do NOT mind the cold at all!!!


Only one egg so far today...


Harvested half of the salad blend and broccoli...
and all of the radish and took the roots out to the birds...




A big bag of Greens for our salads over the next couple days!!!


Also freeze dried some Normandy Veggies and some Corn...
I put them in a bag for a couple hours to make sure there is no moisture left 
and then put them in vacuum sealed jars or in mylar bags...


For lunch I cut up some Venison Summer Sausage that our neighbor gave us...
he hunts his property right above ours so this was a local deer...
SO DELICIOUS!!! 
Also cut up cheese and the men ate it with crackers...

Spent a lot of time after lunch working on Christmas Calendars...
I make them every year for the family...
each one is different of course.
It used to be easier when the kids were young because I had a gazillion pictures, 
but now days I sometimes have to go back in time a bit and grab favorites from the past...
But each person has their own personal pictures on their calendar 
and they seem to like them :-)

Don't look Molly...
I probably should have used someone else calendar 
that doesn't follow the blog :-)


I know Olivia doesn't :-)


Oh, and my sweet friend Betsy (thank you Betsy) 
sent me a box FULL of tops and pants today...
I joke that she is my personal shopper. 
I don't think I have bought very many clothes items for myself for the last 35 years... Betsy and Janie are always bringing me closet clean outs and I LOVE it... 
I HATE to shop so it works out perfectly. 
And both these sweet friends have fabulous taste in clothes...
God is good!!!
No way I could show you all the lovely tops...


And a couple of Christmas ones too!!!
...during the month of December I try to wear a Christmas top every day...


For supper I made some Chicken Thighs and Gravy 
in my new Marquette Dutch Oven, Mashed Potatoes 
and Home Canned Green Beans, Microgreen Salad and Garlic Toast...
YUM!

Chores are done,
We are ready to settled down in front of the Big Screen...
I think we will be watching The Robe tonight...
Victor Mature, Richard Burton, Jean Simmons...an oldie!!
and definitely a GOODIE!!!

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... July 3

Quiet Time...  ๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿƒ “Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up ...