Monday, February 6, 2023

Monday on Walden's Mountain... February 6

Quiet Time...

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: 
I am come that they might have life, 
and that they might have it more abundantly." 

John 10:10 KJV 

*****

Mom buzzed me twice in the night...
and around 5 this morning...
Dad didn't get up until around 6!


But I was ready for him,
except for the Breakfast Burrito!
That is hot and made to order :-)


Mostly Quiet Time with my Pack...


These are VERY ready to be harvested!


These are 9 days old...


Coming out of Black Out today!



Day 2 of Black Out for this tray...


No visible germination (yet) on yesterday's tray...



This lettuce is ready to pick as well!




The babies are doing great!!


Had to move Max so I could make the bed!
He purrs when I carry him in...
I don't think he minds at all :-)



Out to the Flock and Fluffle...


Penny egg deep in her dug out nest...
you can just barely see it...



Handsome, and MEAN boy...
he attacks me from behind every chance he gets.



So thankful that he doesn't have spurs...
thank you Mary Lou!!!


Sugar is so white...
she is very pretty, and I think she lays the huge white egg!


Threw them out some oatmeal...


Dad went back to bed right after his Burrito 
and slept past the usual breakfast time 
so I made him and Lanny a Cinnamon Roll on the fly...

*****

Lanny is working hard on the wood stove wall and awning...
in between working on the Freeze Dryer... 
I hate when something is new and there are so many issues, 
but it is an amazing machine 
and I am sure we will get all the kinks worked out...


Was going to check for eggs and scrape the roosts and turn the mulch 
but there were SO many hens enjoying themselves that I left them alone...
Three of the nests had hens in them as well...


For lunch we had Saltines, Tuna and Cheese,
Chips and Salsa...


Then the men went down the hill to run some errands.
Dad sits in the car while Lanny runs into Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Staples, delivering some Candy orders, etc., etc.,,, 
but Dad just likes to get out so he doesn't mind...

I started some bread...



Ready for first rise...


Went out to check for eggs...
still hens in the box...
I hadn't been attacked by Roo for awhile 
so I needed the attention :-)_ 


Gabby really is as good as new!!
I am so thankful...
she is my sweet girl...


My working man!!!


He isn't feeling well this afternoon...
but he just went out in the MULE to look at the pond 
so that will make him feel better... 


Ready to bake...


LOOK what was in that nest 
the hens have been sitting in all day!!!
SIX!!!


Well, I must say...
my Girls lay the most beautiful eggs!!!!


Bread's DONE!!!
It's supper time...
too late to eat the heels...
Oh! Wait! I can eat them WITH supper :-)


See!I couldn't wait! 
Already took a bite out of it! :-)
Chicken Nuggets, Fries and Microgreen Salad!!!
AND Warm, Homemade Bread :-)




Chores are done...
kitchen is clean...
chicken feed is put away 
and Roo got me multiple times...
it's starting to hurt my feelings....

Jurassic Park #3 tonight...
Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...