Friday, April 28, 2023

Friday on Walden's Mountain... April 28

Quiet Time...

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; 
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in His temple." 
Psalm 27:4 KJV
*****
Isn't this interesting...
I wish I had a bare wall I could do it on...


I am doing good!

Staying in the bed a little later...


Murphy was on one end and Mitzi on the other...

Maggie was so offended 

that she laid down in the little dog bed on the floor...


She did come on up when I sat down...

Now she and Murphy are close but not touching!


Casey waiting for his bite of Dad's breakfast...


Then he came on in to join us...



After I transplant the small tray at the top end and move it out 

to the Barn Greenhouse these shelves 

will be exclusively Microgreen again...


Processing eggs for Freeze Drying...


I will prefreeze and then put four trays (4 dozen eggs) 

into the Freeze Dryer probably tomorrow... or the next day.


Egg shells will go out to the chickens and ducks...

and as far as I know, the goats will occasionally 

eat them as well...


Out to the Barnyard...

It is getting to be more and more a Barnyard every day...





It is rainy today so I just went in to sit with them 

and give them their breakfast...

I won't let them out today until the rain is over.

I don't want them wet and getting cold at this age...


Goat Cam...



Casey has found him a good safe spot 

under the kitchen island...

still close enough to grab any stray food 

that drops out of my hands or off a plate, 

but safe from my big feet :-)




Made Daddy some Fried Eggs, 

Bacon and Toast for Breakfast...

Lanny had to go to town to pick up my soil 

from Walmart and some items from Home Depot...

I will make his breakfast when he gets back...



The Wren Nest in his shop...

Momma Wren flew out just as I walked by...


Made Lanny an Egg, Bacon and Microgreen Taco...


His mouth isn't quite big enough to get it in there easily...

But he managed...

...and confirmed that it is DELICIOUS!!!


The Barn Greenhouse...

I will pot the Goji and Gboma Eggplant 

today and add them...


Dust bathing in the "Henningham Palace"....



Two turtles out today....



And the fish are frisky...




Got some signs for the Rabbit Hutches...





These two found the second play station...

we call it the Goat Fort...


Baby still isn't much for climbing high...

she is smaller than these two 

and just may not feel comfortable yet...


Left over Chili Mac for lunch...


And then we did something we haven't done in a long time...

... sat down for a short Siesta!

It was raining so why not!



Made some Shortbread Cookies 

with an added Kiss!


Still raining off and on so I put the goats back in...

they are doing SO well...

they only bleat once or twice when I leave 

and then just get on with their business...


Lanny brought in a pine branch 

and they like nibbling on it...



Maggie is giving me the evil eye...

I am baby talking another animal besides her...


Willie sucks on my shirt and falls asleep...

I think I need to get him a Paci!


Rhoda did not mind at all 

that Fiona was nibbling on her beak!

TOO CUTE!!!




And Lanny was getting Baby kisses...


Fourteen eggs today!!!

Best Egg Day EVER!!


Made some Ham and White Bean Soup...

and when I say Ham, I mean HAM!!!

It was loaded.... maybe even TOO much!!



And I made a Orange Jello, Crushed Pineapple 

and Marshmallow dessert earlier in the day 

and added some Whipped Cream... 

YUM!!


The Broccoli and Riced Cauliflower 

Freeze Dry load finished

so I had to package it up...


Willies little nub fell off...

I thought he hurt himself at first 

but then realized that is what is supposed to happen...


Was trying to take a picture of Willie 

and the whole gang showed up!!


Well, this day is over for me...

it has been a busy one...

a nice one!!!

We will watch
 
"We Are Marshall"

tonight...

another true story...

we like the true stories...

Goodnight Family and Friends...

We love and appreciate all of you 

and thank you for all your prayers and support for us...

God bless

and

Sweet Dreams!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... July 6

Quiet Time...  🦋🌎 “The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all it contains, You have founded them. You have a strong...