Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... May 2

Quiet Time...

"O LORD, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, 
I will praise Thy name; for Thou hast done wonderful things; 
Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth."

Isaiah 25:1 KJV 

*****

Good Morning!!

Rise and Shine :-)



Waiting for her Daddy...


This morning Murphy stayed in our bed 
until after I got up to take care of the Greens (5:45 or so)...
so we only had Maggie and Mitzi for Bible Study Time...


The Cucumbers are up!!


Still needs some Black Out Time...


This one too...



Poor Baby...


He looks like a little Fruit Bat!
With ears!


Heading out to the Barnyard!
Still chilly mornings...



Three in the coop...
and yes! one under the stairs a little later...


I like to feed the goats in their house in the morning 
so the chickens don't eat their food...
when I am sure they have had enough 
I open their gate and let them out...
then I put their food away.
It wouldn't hurt the chickens to eat goat feed
but there is no need in them eating it...
The Goats, however, can NOT eat chicken feed...


Gave the Fluffles some water and feed...


"Does this cage make me look pregnant" :-)
Sure HOPE so!!




Big Koi!!
I think this is a Lady Koi...
I need to name my fish...
I have always named them in the past 
but just have not been inspired yet...
At least this Big Girl should have a name...
What do you think!
She kinda looks like an Angel... 
ethereal, fluffy....


The Shells are back into their Hibernation Holes...
A week or two and they will be out more and more...


The Common Area Library...
I want to have the shelves built in and made of wood...
I also would like to categorize the books...
...some day...



I let the goats out and they just go crazy wild...
they love to run (and scatter the chickens)
jump and bounce and butt...
they are so incredibly CUTE!!!


Still waiting for some Baby Bluebirds...


Momma and Daddy BlueBird are always nearby 
when I open the front to take a picture...
I think they know I won't hurt them...



The Chickens like the Goat Fort too...


This is Penny...


And Gabby...


The goats will eat the Corn Scratch 
and the Sunflower and Safflower Seeds 
I throw out for the chickens...





Daddy didn't eat his first breakfast until 6:30 
so when he went back to bad he didn't get up til 9:30...
I made his some Cinnamon Toast...


He has an admiring audience :-)


Lanny is stripping the bark off this cedar...
he uses it as tinder for his wood stove fires...


Momma Pepper came out 
for her once a day "get away from the kids" time...
She runs around frantically eating and drinking 
and then quickly gets in a good dust bath...
she is definitely going to be a good Momma!!!  
Hopefully we will be seeing some chicks 
around the 11th of this month...



She is sitting on six eggs...


Penelope is working on an egg...


So is Buffy...


The Babies were hungry...
they ARE still babies 
so require regular feedings and naps...


Pepper finding corn and hopefully some bugs...
she needs her strength...



She is back in and getting down to business...


All the eggs are safely tucked under her feathers...


Opal doing her part for our breakfast!


Cut some Oregano and some Chive Flowers...
putting them into the Freeze Dryer...


Our little resident toad...
he lives in Lanny's shop...



Caught a little snake...


For the chickens...
don't judge me...
they grow up to eat chicken eggs
so it's only fair :-)
Rhoda grabbed it first...
but she didn't get to keep it...


Nebula stole it and ran all over the yard 
with the rest of them in chase...
but she won the prize...
Gulp...
Dinner!


I added some pulled pork and barbecue sauce 
to the Sloppy Joes from Sunday
and YUM!!! it was really good!



Our day is done!
Ready to clean up,
settle down on the couch with the Pack
and watch the third
Karate Kid...

Goodnight Y'all...
God Bless
and
Sweet, Sweet Dreams!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... July 6

Quiet Time...  🦋🌎 “The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all it contains, You have founded them. You have a strong...