Saturday, October 21, 2023

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... October 21

Quiet Time...

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭3‬-‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I really love that verse!!

*****

Saturday Morning

Blessings!!!


Dad's lights were on when I came into the living room...
but by the time I washed my face and combed my hair 
he was back in bed!
Go figure!
He didn't get up til nearly 6!
But I was ready...


My girls!



Then Murph joined us!!


*****
No changes in the Greens Room...


Searing a ten pound Pork Butt
in the Instant Pot!


I was getting hungry for pork before 7 am this morning!!!...

Out to the Barnyard Gang...


My little groupies!


Waiting for the cafeteria to open...
I close it up at night to keep the rodents out!






These two seem to like each other...
still cannot tell if either of the girls are pregnant...





Getting some pretty colors on the hill...


Picked some Comfrey...
first frost will kill it back...
Goats love it
and it's good for them...


Good for the bunnies too...



The girls caught a mouse...
they chased it all over the yard!


Made Lanny a Breakfast Taco...
Dad got up after 9
so I made him an Egg Sandwich
for his second breakfast ...



Pulling the Pork...
It is SO yummy!!!


Putting four trays into the freezer to prep
for the freeze dryer...


I had a nice bit of drippings/broth 
after the pork cooked so I used it to make some soup...
added a bit of the pork and the rest is freeze dried: 
mixed veggies, bell peppers, onions, diced tomatoes...
and it was delish!!!




Yard is cleaned up...
kitchen is cleaned up...
barnyard critters are ready for the evening...
now I am going to get ready for the evening...

I have been on my feet ALL day in this kitchen...
I also made hamburger buns which turned out fabulous!!!
Tomorrow we will have BBQ Pork Sandwiches!!!
I love my kitchen, and I love cooking,
so don't feel sorry for me...
it's what I CHOOSE to do :-)

*****

Tonight we will start the 
"Mission Impossible" series...
we have six of the movies
and number seven is due out by the end of the year...
it is supposed to be really good!!!
I like them all, so I am sure I will be happy :-)

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God Bless You All!!!
and
Sweet Dreams!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday on Walden's Mountain... October 4

Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, ...